Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
To receive TidBITS via email, you need an account so we can track your email address and which of the four editions of TidBITS you want to receive every Monday. It's easy to create a new account, but if you have purchased any Take Control ebooks, you already have an account for your Take Control Library, enabling you to download all your purchased books. (TidBITS and Take Control Books are both published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. and share the same account database.) Common account-related activities include:
- Create a new account
- Change your email address or password
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from specific editions
- Merge multiple accounts via your Take Control Library profile
Accounts also integrate with the TidBITS Commenting System, so once you have an account, you can log in to our site from any browser to post comments. If you don't wish to create an account just to post a comment, that's fine too, but you'll have to verify each browser you use via email the first time you use it. If you have previously posted a comment at TidBITS using the email address associated with your account, the name you used remains the same regardless of the name associated with your account (since you might want to use different names for public comments and private orders).
If you need an account deleted permanently, please email us the email address you'd like to have removed.
Finally, if you're a TidBITS member, you need to log in to enjoy the ad-free Web site, subscribe to the full-text RSS feed, sign up for email delivery of individual articles, make long comments with live links, and access discounts on Take Control orders and other Mac-related products. See the full list of TidBITS member benefits.
Thanks, and if you have any questions about how accounts work, please send us email.