Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Log in to your TidBITS account
To manage your subscription to our weekly email edition of TidBITS and to change your password, you must first log in to your TidBITS account.
Also, if you're a TidBITS member, you need to log in to enjoy the ad-free Web site, subscribe to the full-text RSS feed, sign up for email delivery of individual articles, make long comments with live links, and access discounts on Take Control orders and other Apple-related products. See the full list of TidBITS member benefits.
Enter the email address and password associated with your TidBITS account below. (Remember, TidBITS and Take Control accounts share the same account credentials.)