Adobe Acquires GoLive -- Adobe Systems, Inc. announced it has purchased GoLive Systems, Inc., makers of the well-regarded GoLive CyberStudio Web authoring package and the server-based GoLive Publishing System. According to Adobe's press release, CyberStudio rounds out Adobe's suite of applications commonly used to produce online content, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Adobe's plans for its existing (and cross-platform) HTML authoring application PageMill are unclear, although PageMill is a less sophisticated application than CyberStudio. The acquisition leads to worries that Adobe will handle CyberStudio as clumsily as PageMill, which was the premiere HTML authoring tool for Macintosh when Adobe purchased it from Ceneca Communications in 1995. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.