Adobe Acquires GoLive -- Adobe Systems, Inc. announced it has purchased GoLive Systems, Inc., makers of the well-regarded GoLive CyberStudio Web authoring package and the server-based GoLive Publishing System. According to Adobe's press release, CyberStudio rounds out Adobe's suite of applications commonly used to produce online content, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Adobe's plans for its existing (and cross-platform) HTML authoring application PageMill are unclear, although PageMill is a less sophisticated application than CyberStudio. The acquisition leads to worries that Adobe will handle CyberStudio as clumsily as PageMill, which was the premiere HTML authoring tool for Macintosh when Adobe purchased it from Ceneca Communications in 1995. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard