ATM Light 4.6 Adds OpenType -- Adobe has released Adobe Type Manager Light 4.6, adding support for displaying OpenType fonts. OpenType is a font specification co-developed by Adobe and Microsoft that combines both PostScript and TrueType font information into the same file, supporting a larger variety of international and extended typographic characters. ATM Light 4.6 is a free 2.5 MB download; it requires a PowerPC-based machine with Mac OS 8.1 or later. [JLC]
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
- ATM Deluxe 4.6 with Type Reunion 2.6 (17 Jul 00)
Published in TidBITS 538.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Patch Helps Word & PowerPoint
- Web Companion 5.0v5 Available
- PowerMail 3.0.4 Available
- Correction: IE 5.5b1 Not on MacHack CD
- Poll Results: What A Tangled Web We Weave
- Poll Preview: I Go, You Go, We All Go Expo
- TidBITS Translators Needed!
- Macworld NYC 2000 Events
- Inspiration 6 More Inspiring - To Kids
- Hacking the Press, Part 1: Why Bother?