Outpost.com's Shipping Charges Increase Again -- Just six weeks after mail-order vendor Outpost.com replaced its policy of free overnight shipping for all orders with one that offered free overnight shipping for orders totalling over $100, the company has again changed its approach (see "I Saw Free Ships..." in TidBITS-567). Effective 28-Mar-01, the company's new shipping policy offers free (actually up to $100 in shipping charges) second day delivery via Airborne Express for orders totalling over $500 (excluding sales tax). Other orders may be shipped via Airborne Express second day for a flat fee of $8.95, or customers may choose overnight delivery for a $12.95 flat fee. Orders placed before 28-Mar-01 but not shipped until afterward due to inventory back order or pre-order status will not be affected by the change in shipping policy. The company cites recent increases in fuel costs, which have impacted all air and ground delivery costs, as the primary reason for the change. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard