Apple Releases Power Mac SuperDrive Update -- Apple has posted an important update for owners of older SuperDrive-equipped Power Mac G4 computers (specifically, the Digital Audio, Quicksilver, or Quicksilver 2002 models, but not the Mirrored Drive Doors model, to use Apple's insipid model identification scheme). The Power Mac G4 SuperDrive Update corrects a problem in the drive's firmware that could cause the drive to overheat when using new 4x speed DVD media (for more details, see "Apple Posts Important iMac SuperDrive Update" in TidBITS-653). The update is currently available only under Mac OS X; Mac OS 9 versions will be posted shortly, according to Apple. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard