Panorama V Goes Native -- ProVUE Development has released a public preview of the Mac OS X-native version V of its flagship database program, Panorama, last reviewed in "Seeing the Light with Panorama" in TidBITS-606. (This marks the end of an era on my computer; the only remaining program I regularly start up Classic for is Adobe FrameMaker, which will probably never be ported to Mac OS X.) Panorama V also sports a more three-dimensional look, live searching (similar to iTunes), and many significant improvements to the programming interface. The final release must wait upon completion of the Windows version, but in the meantime the preview is working fine. It may be downloaded and used for free; the only restriction is that until you pay for the program, saving a database with more than 250 records is inconvenient. [MAN]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 697.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Hey Jobs, Don't Make It Bad!
- iView MediaPro 2.0 Manages More Assets
- PageSender 3.1 Adds Fax Scheduling
- PowerMail 4.2 Improves Speed, Searching
- Adam Speaking at Kansas City MacCORE
- Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference
- Comparing Asante and Linksys Gateways
- iMovie 3 Tips and Gotchas
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Sep-03