Panorama V Goes Native -- ProVUE Development has released a public preview of the Mac OS X-native version V of its flagship database program, Panorama, last reviewed in "Seeing the Light with Panorama" in TidBITS-606. (This marks the end of an era on my computer; the only remaining program I regularly start up Classic for is Adobe FrameMaker, which will probably never be ported to Mac OS X.) Panorama V also sports a more three-dimensional look, live searching (similar to iTunes), and many significant improvements to the programming interface. The final release must wait upon completion of the Windows version, but in the meantime the preview is working fine. It may be downloaded and used for free; the only restriction is that until you pay for the program, saving a database with more than 250 records is inconvenient. [MAN]
Find Your Mac's Serial Number
Want to check your Mac's serial number quickly and easily? Select About This Mac from the Apple menu, and click on the text directly below "Mac OS X" that reads "Version 10.x.x." Click once and you'll get a build number which is more specific information about the software. Click twice, and you'll get your Mac's serial number.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 697.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Hey Jobs, Don't Make It Bad!
- iView MediaPro 2.0 Manages More Assets
- PageSender 3.1 Adds Fax Scheduling
- PowerMail 4.2 Improves Speed, Searching
- Adam Speaking at Kansas City MacCORE
- Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference
- Comparing Asante and Linksys Gateways
- iMovie 3 Tips and Gotchas
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Sep-03