Apple Computer has withdrawn its recent Mac OS X 10.2.8 Update, citing Ethernet problems on some Power Mac G4 desktop systems after installing the update. (Ironically, Ethernet problems were not among the several issues we had encountered with the update.) Apple hasn't said when it will re-issue the update or in what form; if you've been impacted by the Ethernet problem, a reported fix using the Terminal is currently posted on Apple's discussion boards; reverting to a previous AppleGMACEthernet.kext file also seems to seems to re-enable Etheret. Obviously, these solutions are not endorsed by Apple, and we at TidBITS have not confirmed them.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes (29 Sep 03)