Panther-Prepared PopChar Published -- Ergonis Software has released PopChar X version 2.1.2, an update to Gunther Blaschek's well-known utility for easily entering non-ASCII characters. This version fixes several bugs and is ready for Mac OS X 10.3 Panther; it is highly recommended that all current users download it, especially if you already installed version 2.1.1, which was quickly pulled because of a potential startup problem. Panther does sport an improved Character Palette, but PopChar X retains some advantages, such as working with non-Unicode fonts and non-Unicode-savvy applications like Microsoft Word. This update is free for users who purchased PopChar X within the last two years. PopChar X is $30 ($20 for Classic PopChar owners). [MAN]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- You Type, It Typinates (27 Jun 05)
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet (07 Jun 04)
- PopChar X 1.2 Opens a New Window (05 Aug 02)
- Snap, Crackle, and PopChar X (20 May 02)
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway
- Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03