Congratulations to C. Dale Flowers of cdale.com, Erik Wessel-Berg of iet.ntnu.no, and Joe Pitt of yahoo.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of MathMagic Personal Edition, worth $89.95. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 50 percent on any version of MathMagic Personal Edition or MathMagic Pro Edition through 17-Feb-09 when you order using coupon code TIDBITS from MathMagic's offer page. Thanks to the 423 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Trust Local Addresses in VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal
VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal feature stops all kinds of network attacks, including port scans, ping floods and more. However, you may have some devices on your network that send out pings or other requests that may be interpreted as attacks. To prevent this, add them to the Trusted Addresses list so they won't be blocked. You can even add a range of addresses with wildcards, such as 192.168.1.*.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of MathMagic 6 (02 Feb 09)
Published in TidBITS 964.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases iWork '08 Update
- Read and Share Tips with TipBITS
- Amazon Announces Kindle 2 Ebook Reader
- More Ebooks Available for the iPhone/iPod touch
- Gmail Adds Move To and Label Menus to Toolbar
- Google Earth 5.0 Adds Oceans, Mars, and Time Travel
- 10 Secrets of iMovie '09
- Dropbox: A Collaborator's Dream
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 09-Feb-09
- ExtraBITS for 09-Feb-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 09-Feb-09
DealBITS Discount: Save 50% on MathMagic Equation Editor
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>