Congratulations to C. Dale Flowers of cdale.com, Erik Wessel-Berg of iet.ntnu.no, and Joe Pitt of yahoo.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of MathMagic Personal Edition, worth $89.95. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 50 percent on any version of MathMagic Personal Edition or MathMagic Pro Edition through 17-Feb-09 when you order using coupon code TIDBITS from MathMagic's offer page. Thanks to the 423 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of MathMagic 6 (02 Feb 09)
Published in TidBITS 964.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases iWork '08 Update
- Read and Share Tips with TipBITS
- Amazon Announces Kindle 2 Ebook Reader
- More Ebooks Available for the iPhone/iPod touch
- Gmail Adds Move To and Label Menus to Toolbar
- Google Earth 5.0 Adds Oceans, Mars, and Time Travel
- 10 Secrets of iMovie '09
- Dropbox: A Collaborator's Dream
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 09-Feb-09
- ExtraBITS for 09-Feb-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 09-Feb-09