Congratulations to C. Dale Flowers of cdale.com, Erik Wessel-Berg of iet.ntnu.no, and Joe Pitt of yahoo.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of MathMagic Personal Edition, worth $89.95. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 50 percent on any version of MathMagic Personal Edition or MathMagic Pro Edition through 17-Feb-09 when you order using coupon code TIDBITS from MathMagic's offer page. Thanks to the 423 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of MathMagic 6 (02 Feb 09)
Published in TidBITS 964.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases iWork '08 Update
- Read and Share Tips with TipBITS
- Amazon Announces Kindle 2 Ebook Reader
- More Ebooks Available for the iPhone/iPod touch
- Gmail Adds Move To and Label Menus to Toolbar
- Google Earth 5.0 Adds Oceans, Mars, and Time Travel
- 10 Secrets of iMovie '09
- Dropbox: A Collaborator's Dream
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 09-Feb-09
- ExtraBITS for 09-Feb-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 09-Feb-09
DealBITS Discount: Save 50% on MathMagic Equation Editor
better-looking. Edit your PDFs anywhere. Sign contracts, make
changes, fill forms, and more. All while you’re on the move.
Syncs via iCloud and Dropbox. <http://smle.us/tbpdfpen-ipad>