Portuguese and French Translators Needed -- After the success of our call for help translating TidBITS into Dutch, we'd like to see if anyone wishes to help translate TidBITS into Portuguese. We have a few volunteers, but not enough to start the translations. If you're interested in translating some of TidBITS into Portuguese each week, let me know. Also, the French team could use more volunteers, so if you're interested in helping with the French translation, drop me and Seth Theriault <firstname.lastname@example.org> a note. The more people who help, the less work it is. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Portuguese and French Translators Needed
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and