Congratulations to Robert Peterson of ncbiotech.org, Marty Gay of me.com, and Tom Grell of longlines.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a 5-pak copy of SuperSync, worth $39. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save roughly 30 percent on any version of SuperSync through 27-May-09 when you order from SuperSync's offer page. Thanks to the 750 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of SuperSync (08 May 09)
Published in TidBITS 979.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Email Issue 25-May-09 for Memorial Day
- MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Adds Vocabulary Editor
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Safari Updates
- iPhone Gets Short End of SlingPlayer Stick
- Restoring Mac OS 9 Desktop Click Behavior
- GPS Accuracy Could Start Dropping in 2010
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 18-May-09
- ExtraBITS for 18-May-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 18-May-09
DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on SuperSync
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>