Memorial Day is early this year, but between the holiday and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we're going to give ourselves a break next week. We'll continue publishing on the Web, of course, but the next email issue of TidBITS will come out on 01-Jun-09.
Option-click to Hide Apps Quickly
This trick has been available in the Mac OS for years, but many people still don't know it. If you have too many windows cluttering up your screen, you can hide specific ones easily as you work. When you're in any application, hold down the Option key and click on another app's window, on the Dock, or in the Finder to switch to that other app and simultaneously hide all the windows in the previously current app.
Published in TidBITS 979.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Adds Vocabulary Editor
- DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on SuperSync
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Safari Updates
- iPhone Gets Short End of SlingPlayer Stick
- Restoring Mac OS 9 Desktop Click Behavior
- GPS Accuracy Could Start Dropping in 2010
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 18-May-09
- ExtraBITS for 18-May-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 18-May-09