Memorial Day is early this year, but between the holiday and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we're going to give ourselves a break next week. We'll continue publishing on the Web, of course, but the next email issue of TidBITS will come out on 01-Jun-09.
Spin Through Toolbar View Options
Although many people never change their toolbars from the default settings, all standard toolbars on the Mac offer six states: icon only, text only, and icon and text, with all three coming in normal and small size. You can change them by choosing View > Customize Toolbar.
But there's a shortcut that makes it easier to check out each variant. Simply Command-click the toolbar lozenge at the upper right of a window, and the toolbar switches to the next view. Click it enough times, and you cycle back to the start.
Published in TidBITS 979.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Adds Vocabulary Editor
- DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on SuperSync
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Safari Updates
- iPhone Gets Short End of SlingPlayer Stick
- Restoring Mac OS 9 Desktop Click Behavior
- GPS Accuracy Could Start Dropping in 2010
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 18-May-09
- ExtraBITS for 18-May-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 18-May-09