Memorial Day is early this year, but between the holiday and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we're going to give ourselves a break next week. We'll continue publishing on the Web, of course, but the next email issue of TidBITS will come out on 01-Jun-09.
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
Published in TidBITS 979.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Adds Vocabulary Editor
- DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on SuperSync
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Safari Updates
- iPhone Gets Short End of SlingPlayer Stick
- Restoring Mac OS 9 Desktop Click Behavior
- GPS Accuracy Could Start Dropping in 2010
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 18-May-09
- ExtraBITS for 18-May-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 18-May-09