Memorial Day is early this year, but between the holiday and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we're going to give ourselves a break next week. We'll continue publishing on the Web, of course, but the next email issue of TidBITS will come out on 01-Jun-09.
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 979.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Adds Vocabulary Editor
- DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on SuperSync
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.5.7 and Safari Updates
- iPhone Gets Short End of SlingPlayer Stick
- Restoring Mac OS 9 Desktop Click Behavior
- GPS Accuracy Could Start Dropping in 2010
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 18-May-09
- ExtraBITS for 18-May-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 18-May-09