Congratulations to Terrell Hall of mac.com, Tom Powers of zoran.com, and Larry Weakly of foxinternet.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of DiscLabel 6, worth $35.95. Entrants to this drawing all received a 20-percent-off discount on DiscLabel 6 (hey, sometimes you have to participate to get the discount!). Thanks to the 427 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of DiscLabel 6 (22 Jun 09)
Published in TidBITS 984.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks
- TidBITS Mail Hub Change: Check Your Filters
- AIM for iPhone Adds Push Notification
- Why AT&T Has a Lock on the iPhone
- How to Reformat a New External Hard Disk
- Adobe Tests Fast Browser Previewing for Designers
- Recover Erased Photos from a Memory Card
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 29-Jun-09
- ExtraBITS for 29-Jun-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 29-Jun-09