Congratulations to Terrell Hall of mac.com, Tom Powers of zoran.com, and Larry Weakly of foxinternet.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of DiscLabel 6, worth $35.95. Entrants to this drawing all received a 20-percent-off discount on DiscLabel 6 (hey, sometimes you have to participate to get the discount!). Thanks to the 427 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of DiscLabel 6 (22 Jun 09)
Published in TidBITS 984.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks
- TidBITS Mail Hub Change: Check Your Filters
- AIM for iPhone Adds Push Notification
- Why AT&T Has a Lock on the iPhone
- How to Reformat a New External Hard Disk
- Adobe Tests Fast Browser Previewing for Designers
- Recover Erased Photos from a Memory Card
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 29-Jun-09
- ExtraBITS for 29-Jun-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 29-Jun-09