It's not uncommon for people to tell us that they've fallen slightly behind on reading their TidBITS issues, so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 07-Jul-09. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks" (2009-06-29).
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks (29 Jun 09)
Published in TidBITS 985.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple: Jobs Back on the Job
- Garmin Issues Software Update for Widespread Problem
- Introducing the TidBITS Commenting System
- Firefox 3.5 Improves Performance, Privacy, and Standards Support
- How to Replace a Cracked iPhone 3G Screen
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 06-Jul-09
- ExtraBITS for 06-Jul-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 06-Jul-09
Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale Ending 07-Jul-09
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Peter Dasent, Jan de Vries, Patrick Bunk, and Robert
Dahlke for their generous support!