It's not uncommon for people to tell us that they've fallen slightly behind on reading their TidBITS issues, so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 07-Jul-09. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks" (2009-06-29).
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks (29 Jun 09)
Published in TidBITS 985.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple: Jobs Back on the Job
- Garmin Issues Software Update for Widespread Problem
- Introducing the TidBITS Commenting System
- Firefox 3.5 Improves Performance, Privacy, and Standards Support
- How to Replace a Cracked iPhone 3G Screen
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 06-Jul-09
- ExtraBITS for 06-Jul-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 06-Jul-09
Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale Ending 07-Jul-09
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to email@example.com, Gary Soroka, Elizabeth Stanford,
and Kirk RobinsonKirkR for their generous support!