It's not uncommon for people to tell us that they've fallen slightly behind on reading their TidBITS issues, so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale on all Take Control ebooks and Macworld Superguides continues through the end of Tuesday, 07-Jul-09. For more information, see "Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks" (2009-06-29).
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off All Ebooks (29 Jun 09)
Published in TidBITS 985.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple: Jobs Back on the Job
- Garmin Issues Software Update for Widespread Problem
- Introducing the TidBITS Commenting System
- Firefox 3.5 Improves Performance, Privacy, and Standards Support
- How to Replace a Cracked iPhone 3G Screen
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 06-Jul-09
- ExtraBITS for 06-Jul-09
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 06-Jul-09
Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale Ending 07-Jul-09
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>