Symantec C++ 8.5 -- Symantec has announced version 8.5 of Symantec C++ for Power Macintosh, including support for Java, Pascal (via a Pascal compiler from Language Systems), and 68K development. The release features significant memory optimization, Apple Guides for users not familiar with Symantec's development tools, improved performance, and full support for OpenDoc 1.0 development. The estimated retail price is $400, but the software is free to Symantec C++ subscribers, and costs $149 as trade-up from several other tools. [GD]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software