TidBITS on TV -- In August of 1995, Tonya and Geoff and I were filmed for a 13-part television show called Life on the Internet. It was produced for the Canadian Discovery Channel, and a few Canadian readers spotted us on the show about email (along with Steve Dorner). One of them was kind enough to send us a tape of our episode so we could see it. Other than their editing out Geoff [Fine by me! -Geoff], we were quite impressed with the quality of that show, and if the rest of the series is at the same level, it's well worth watching (or at least taping). In April of 1996, PBS will start airing this series throughout the U.S., although the times and dates may vary with your local PBS station. (The extensive Life on the Internet Web site claims our local PBS station is tentatively planning to air the series in May, for instance.) [ACE]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
- Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
- GeoPort News
- AISS Upgrades
- Netscape 3.0 Preview
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
TidBITS on TV
Use device inventory, app distribution, security settings, and
more on many devices at once, using an intuitive Web portal.
Manage 3 devices for free, forever. Try it! <http://www.bushel.com/>