QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released -- Men & Mice of Reykjavik, Iceland has released QuickDNS Pro 1.1, which brings a fully-featured domain name server to the Macintosh. QuickDNS Pro 1.1 can provide primary, secondary, and recursive name service, and it includes a scriptable domain editor that eases setup and administration of domain name information. Also important is QuickDNS's support for round-robin DNS, which helps distribute load between a number of servers. Round-robin DNS is generally used to make several Macs running Web servers appear to be a single server, thus transparently distributing the traffic among them. QuickDNS Pro 1.1 costs $295 (upgrades from 1.0 are free) and you can download a 14-day evaluation copy from the URL below. Men & Mice -- (+354) 525 4938 -- (+354) 525 4991 (fax) -- <firstname.lastname@example.org> [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- TidBITS on TV
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
- GeoPort News
- AISS Upgrades
- Netscape 3.0 Preview
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>