GeoPort News -- A common question we receive at TidBITS concerns faster versions of Apple's GeoPort Telecom Adapter. We often avoid writing about unreleased products because such articles tend to result in a flurry of messages asking where to buy the unavailable product. However, MacWEEK recently reported rumors Apple aims to release a 28.8 Kbps version of the GeoPort Telecom Adapter this summer, but it will only work with Power Macs. Given the trade-offs of the GeoPort Telecom Adapter, I always recommend a true 28.8 Kbps modem instead. [ACE]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- TidBITS on TV
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
- Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
- AISS Upgrades
- Netscape 3.0 Preview
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
Air Display 2 lets you use your iPad, iPhone, or nearby Mac as
extra screen real estate for your main computer. Now smarter,
better, and 50 percent faster. <http://avatron.com/tidbits>