Netscape 3.0 Preview -- Netscape has released a "preview" edition of Netscape Navigator 3.0. Though many of its new features are currently only available for other platforms, the release is Open Transport-native and offers preliminary support for Internet Config, improved navigation through Netscape frames, and enhancements to mail and news. The release also features ToolTips similar to Microsoft Office products that display an essentially useless description of a few parts of Netscape's interface - fortunately, these ToolTips can be turned off. This release supports Java on Power Macs (68K support is "in progress") and expires 15-Jul-96. The download is a little over 4 MB in size; be sure to check out the release notes if you plan to download. In my brief testing, the release didn't prove to be particularly stable. [GD]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- TidBITS on TV
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
- Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
- GeoPort News
- AISS Upgrades
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
Netscape 3.0 Preview
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>