Point of Presence Company Expands -- Glenn Fleishman, CEO of Point of TidBITS host site Presence Company, announced today that the company plans to expand its business to additional dimensions. Fleishman said that in 1996 the company's name will change to Line of Presence Company to reflect its focus on the second dimension. Further planned expansions will require a name change to Plane of Presence in 1997 and Volume of Presence in 1998, assuming the company is able to achieve its goal of expanding into the fourth dimension by then. In a related story, a disgruntled Point of Presence employee has left the company and started a rival, called Pointless Presence Company, that will help establish highly graphical Web presences for companies that have no business being on the Internet in the first place, like the international agribusiness concern Haulin Oats. [ECA]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 321.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Point of Presence Company Expands
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Masahiro Homma, Graeme Nicholas, Duane Murphy, and
Susan Grose for their generous support!