Apple has released two updates that enable users running either Leopard or Snow Leopard to take advantage of the multi-touch capabilities in the new Magic Mouse (see "Apple Releases Magic Mouse, New Remote, Souped-Up Base Stations," 20 October 2009). Apple notes that users running Leopard must have version 10.5.8 installed, and that Momentum scrolling is not available. Users running Snow Leopard must have version 10.6.1 installed. Both updates are available via Software Update or the Apple Support Downloads page. (Free, 36.22/63.92 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0 for Leopard and Snow Leopard
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Dale Shera, Robert Macfarlane, nicky schleider, and
Thomas Gaynor for their generous support!