Congratulations to Bill Gruber of mac.com, Louis Mendelowitz of pobox.com, and Paul Gould of maya.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Labels & Addresses 1.3.3, worth $49.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since BeLight Software is offering a 30-percent-off discount on Labels & Addresses 1.3.3 to all TidBITS readers through 9 December 2009. Thanks to the 698 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1004.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Ideas for the 2009 TidBITS Gift Guide
- Free Wi-Fi Abounds with Holiday Sponsorships
- New Ebooks about the iPhone and iPod touch
- HD Radio Comes to iPhone via Adapter
- Fix 10.6.2's Broken Slide Show Screen Saver
- Catch a Google Wave with Waveboard
- WikiReader Puts Wikipedia in Your Pocket
- A Finder-Copying Bug in Snow Leopard
- Put More Pixels on Your Desktop with ViBook+
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 16 November 2009
- ExtraBITS for 16 November 2009
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 16 November 2009
DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on Labels & Addresses
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>