Congratulations to Bill Gruber of mac.com, Louis Mendelowitz of pobox.com, and Paul Gould of maya.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Labels & Addresses 1.3.3, worth $49.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since BeLight Software is offering a 30-percent-off discount on Labels & Addresses 1.3.3 to all TidBITS readers through 9 December 2009. Thanks to the 698 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Fixing Save as Adobe PDF Crashes
There have been many reported instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF" workflow crashing regardless of application, but precious few workarounds or resolutions. In troubleshooting, I discovered that there were three instances of the "Save as Adobe PDF.action" in three different locations: /Library/Automator; ~/Library/Automator; and /System/Library/Automator. By eliminating all except the version in /System/Library/Automator, the workflow started behaving, and I was able to cut PDFs directly from the Print dialog.
Published in TidBITS 1004.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Ideas for the 2009 TidBITS Gift Guide
- Free Wi-Fi Abounds with Holiday Sponsorships
- New Ebooks about the iPhone and iPod touch
- HD Radio Comes to iPhone via Adapter
- Fix 10.6.2's Broken Slide Show Screen Saver
- Catch a Google Wave with Waveboard
- WikiReader Puts Wikipedia in Your Pocket
- A Finder-Copying Bug in Snow Leopard
- Put More Pixels on Your Desktop with ViBook+
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 16 November 2009
- ExtraBITS for 16 November 2009
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 16 November 2009