Congratulations to Bill Gruber of mac.com, Louis Mendelowitz of pobox.com, and Paul Gould of maya.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Labels & Addresses 1.3.3, worth $49.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since BeLight Software is offering a 30-percent-off discount on Labels & Addresses 1.3.3 to all TidBITS readers through 9 December 2009. Thanks to the 698 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Removing Photos from iPhoto
Despite iPhoto's long history, many people continue to be confused about exactly what happens when you delete a photo. There are three possibilities.
If you delete a photo from an album, book, card, calendar, or saved slideshow, the photo is merely removed from that item and remains generally available in your iPhoto library.
If, however, you delete a photo while in Events or Photos view, that act moves the photo to iPhoto's Trash. It's still available, but...
If you then empty iPhoto's Trash, all photos in it will be deleted from the iPhoto library and from your hard disk.
Published in TidBITS 1004.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Submit Ideas for the 2009 TidBITS Gift Guide
- Free Wi-Fi Abounds with Holiday Sponsorships
- New Ebooks about the iPhone and iPod touch
- HD Radio Comes to iPhone via Adapter
- Fix 10.6.2's Broken Slide Show Screen Saver
- Catch a Google Wave with Waveboard
- WikiReader Puts Wikipedia in Your Pocket
- A Finder-Copying Bug in Snow Leopard
- Put More Pixels on Your Desktop with ViBook+
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 16 November 2009
- ExtraBITS for 16 November 2009
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 16 November 2009
DealBITS Discount: Save 30% on Labels & Addresses
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>