Scott Draves has released the latest official version of the dazzling community-based screensaver Electric Sheep. The update adds two distinct modes for the program's multiple display support, the capability to switch VBL synchronization on or off, more precise information in the download status display, and a more-dynamic remaining-time display. Also, the next sheep to play is now calculated in the background, down-voted sheep are now properly deleted, partially downloaded sheep that were being considered complete are now recognized properly, and the shortcuts for Function keys have been reorganized. To learn more about Electric Sheep, see "Top 10 Screensavers for the 21st Century," 23 February 2009. A full list of changes is available on the Electric Sheep Web site. (Free, 16.5 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Top 10 Screensavers for the 21st Century (23 Feb 09)