Newtons in the Dark -- Apple recently announced the Newton MessagePad 130, which resembles its predecessor, the MessagePad 120, but adds several key features, including a user-controllable backlit screen, a new writing surface that's more durable and less prone to glare, and 512K of additional system memory. The 130 has 8 MB of ROM and 2.5 MB of RAM, resulting in 1,361K of RAM available to the user. Apple expects the 130 to be available beginning in April for $799. Apple's propaganda didn't mention any upgrade programs from previous models. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard