Red Sweater Software has released several updates to its popular blog posting software MarsEdit since we last checked in, the most recent being version 2.4 (for more info, see "MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off," 10 September 2007). Changes since MarsEdit 2.0 include the capability to search drafts and entries, the capability to save drafts to a server, support for native tags, and an improved Web preview. Also, AtomPub support has been added, MarsEdit's markup macros can now be used in the media window, and performance speeds of the program launch, weblog entry sort, and the Media Manager have been enhanced. Finally, support has been added for Tumblr and Squarespace, and Technorati Tags are now easier to edit. ($29.95 new, free update from 2.x or $9.95 from 1.0, 3.7 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off (10 Sep 07)