Corel has released a maintenance update to its professional painting and illustration software Corel Painter 11. Changes include improved on-screen transformations when using the transformation tool, better transformation rendering during application, enhanced copy and paste capabilities, consistent sizing when switching between the eraser and brush tools, and more accurate color management when working on a second monitor. Also, color profiles will now be maintained in clones and user-saved profiles in the user folder, CPU load is less during idle times, and the smart-stroke autopainting system has been enhanced. A full list of changes is available on Corel's Web site. ($369 new, $169 upgrade from earlier versions of Corel Painter, free update, 103 MB)
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard