Reuters is reporting that Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for an international version of the larger-screen Kindle DX, due to ship on 19 January 2010 for $489, just 3 months after the Kindle 2 was made available in other countries. See "Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States" (8 October 2009) for more details on Amazon's international approach.
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States (08 Oct 09)
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- TidBITS License Plate Photo
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010