Reuters is reporting that Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for an international version of the larger-screen Kindle DX, due to ship on 19 January 2010 for $489, just 3 months after the Kindle 2 was made available in other countries. See "Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States" (8 October 2009) for more details on Amazon's international approach.
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States (08 Oct 09)
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- TidBITS License Plate Photo
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010