Reuters is reporting that Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for an international version of the larger-screen Kindle DX, due to ship on 19 January 2010 for $489, just 3 months after the Kindle 2 was made available in other countries. See "Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States" (8 October 2009) for more details on Amazon's international approach.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States (08 Oct 09)
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- TidBITS License Plate Photo
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010