Reuters is reporting that Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for an international version of the larger-screen Kindle DX, due to ship on 19 January 2010 for $489, just 3 months after the Kindle 2 was made available in other countries. See "Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States" (8 October 2009) for more details on Amazon's international approach.
Track Bandwidth Use with VirusBarrier X6
If you have monthly bandwidth limits, it's useful to know how much data you have used so far to avoid overage charges or being shut off by your ISP. But how do you determine how much data your Mac has transferred? Open VirusBarrier X6's Traffic window to see both current and cumulative traffic, and you can also create warnings when your data usage - incoming, outgoing, or both - exceeds an amount you specify.
- Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States (08 Oct 09)
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- TidBITS License Plate Photo
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010