Reuters is reporting that Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for an international version of the larger-screen Kindle DX, due to ship on 19 January 2010 for $489, just 3 months after the Kindle 2 was made available in other countries. See "Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States" (8 October 2009) for more details on Amazon's international approach.
Hide TextExpander in the Dock
If you don't want to see TextExpander's icon in the Dock and the application switcher, you can remove it. Just open TextExpander > Preferences > Appearance, and select Hide TextExpander Icon in Dock. You'll still be able to access TextExpander from its menubar icon.
- Amazon Extends Kindle Beyond United States (08 Oct 09)
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- TidBITS License Plate Photo
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010
Kindle DX Goes International
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and