Thanks to our friend Dave Marra for this photograph, which he took on the road (we're assuming he was a passenger, of course) in Pennsylvania. The question is: is the owner of this Volvo one of our most loyal readers, given the TIDBITS license plate and the Apple sticker, or is this just one heck of a coincidence?
Option-click to Hide Apps Quickly
This trick has been available in the Mac OS for years, but many people still don't know it. If you have too many windows cluttering up your screen, you can hide specific ones easily as you work. When you're in any application, hold down the Option key and click on another app's window, on the Dock, or in the Finder to switch to that other app and simultaneously hide all the windows in the previously current app.
Published in TidBITS 1009.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac Documentaries Showing Online and Off
- Quick, Reliable Backups with "Take Control of Easy Mac Backups"
- Kindle DX Goes International
- Apple Wins Appeal Over iPod Hearing Loss Lawsuit
- "If Monks Had Macs" Available for Free
- CrashPlan Joins Long-Term TidBITS Sponsors
- How to Schedule Software Update Downloads
- CES 2010: Blending the Future
- CES 2010: More ShowStopping Products
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 11 January 2010
- ExtraBITS for 11 January 2010
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk for 11 January 2010
TidBITS License Plate Photo
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to John Beare, Peter Landers, Gary Devoe, and Richard
Fons for their generous support!
I have always found it fascinating to see how people first use a word in common currency, and then, over time, come to act as though they are the only ones to use the word.
Adam penned this humorous item because of the Apple sticker on the car, not merely because of the license plate.
Yes, I was driving in Pennsylvania, somewhere in Lehigh county I think, and no, I did not take the pic all on my own. ;-)
Glad everyone liked it! Thanks!