In the wake of Haiti's recent earthquake, Google has updated its Google Maps satellite photos of the country's capital, Port-au-Prince. The new images, gathered on 17 January 2010, present a humbling view of the city's destruction. Google made the images available in part to "assist relief efforts including those by many UN organizations and the Center for Interdisciplinary Geospatial Information Technologies." We hope the images will also persist as reminders of Haiti's need for support during its long road to recovery. follow link
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- ExtraBITS for 25 January 2010 (24 Jan 10)
Google Updates Satellite Images of Haiti