The latest revision to the Google Books settlement, an ongoing saga we've written about regularly here on TidBITS, is still opposed by Amazon.com and the Internet Archive, among others. The settlement in this revised version would still anoint Google with court approval as the only party in the United States that can scan and offer for sale copyrighted works that are out of print and for which the publisher isn't known. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Move a File in the Finder
Sometimes you want to move a file in the Finder across volumes, not copy that file. Holding down the Command key while dragging ensures that the item is copied, and then its original deleted, adding up to a move.
- ExtraBITS for 1 February 2010 (01 Feb 10)
Other articles in the series Google Books Settlement
- Google Books Settlement Hits Snags (07 Sep 09)
- Sony Reader Gets 500,000 Free Public Domain Titles from Google (23 Mar 09)
- Why the Kindle 2 Should Speak When Permitted To (02 Mar 09)
- Authors and Publishers Settle with Google Book Search (29 Oct 08)
New Google Books Settlement Fails to Placate Prominent Critics