Apple has released a small but helpful bug-fix update for iTunes. Version 9.0.3 fixes an issue that prevented the "Remember password for purchases" setting from being enabled, addresses problems with syncing certain smart playlists and podcasts with unspecified iPod models, and resolves a bug that caused problems in recognizing connections with some iPods. Apple says the update also improves general stability and performance. The update is available via Software Update or from Apple's Web site. (Free, 90.82 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to William Lisowski, Allen Gainsford, Dominique-Alain
Jan, and Robert Zadek for their generous support!