At Apple's media event introducing the iPad (see Hands-on Impressions of the iPad, 29 January 2010), Glenn Fleishman and I wanted to know what the experience of creating a Keynote presentation would be like. Inspired by a blog post from Fraser Speirs ("iPad Fallacy #1: 'It's not for content creation'"), I created a short video of Glenn manipulating objects (resizing, repositioning, rotating) and activating the annotation controls (including a laser pointer) in Keynote's presentation mode. (A high-definition version is available at the video's page on YouTube.)
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11
Calculate with Spotlight
Have a quick calculation to perform? Don't bother opening Calculator, simply enter the calculation into Spotlight's search bar, and Spotlight displays the answer as the top item. To perform further calculations, hit Return, or click the answer, and Spotlight launches Calculator.
Visit MacTipster blog
- Hands-on Impressions of the iPad (29 Jan 10)
Published in TidBITS 1013.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Keynote Editing in Action on the iPad
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>