Apple Recalling Early PowerBook 5300s -- MacWEEK reports that Apple is quietly recalling some early PowerBook 5300s shipped on or before 12-Nov-95 and with serial numbers at FC545 or lower. Before you ask, no, the problem doesn't have anything to do with fire, but rather a potential lock-up during intense use of a PC Card and expansion-bay devices like the floppy drive. Users experiencing problems can call the Apple Assistance Center at 800/767-2775 to get their machines serviced under warranty. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.