Stairways Software has released a substantial update to its popular macro utility Keyboard Maestro. In version 4.1, support within the program has been expanded to include improved documentation, an in-app tutorial, and a Help section for activating and targeting macro groups. Also, the program's menus have been improved with added commands and a new Select Menu editor that enables users to choose from any current menu item. Finally, name- and trigger-based searches for macros are now available, the behavior of Typed String triggers has been fine-tuned, and canceling a Google search now returns you to the program window. ($36 new, free update, 8.8 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard