Stairways Software has released a substantial update to its popular macro utility Keyboard Maestro. In version 4.1, support within the program has been expanded to include improved documentation, an in-app tutorial, and a Help section for activating and targeting macro groups. Also, the program's menus have been improved with added commands and a new Select Menu editor that enables users to choose from any current menu item. Finally, name- and trigger-based searches for macros are now available, the behavior of Typed String triggers has been fine-tuned, and canceling a Google search now returns you to the program window. ($36 new, free update, 8.8 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software