Sustainable Softworks has updated Phone Amego, the utility that enables you to control a Bluetooth mobile phone (including the iPhone) from a Mac (for more details, see "Phone Amego: the Macintosh/iPhone Mind Meld," 3 September 2009). Version 1.1.14 now supports Growl notifications, improves the Call Window's functionality, and fixes the caller ID display when numbers that are private, unavailable, or all-zeros call in. The update also enables users to place calls remotely from a landline phone that's hooked up to another computer with Phone Amego, adds a German localization, adds a CrashReporter feature that automatically relaunches Phone Amego after a crash, and fixes several crashing bugs. ($20, free update, 2.7 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Phone Amego 1.1.14
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>