Congratulations to Ralph Richardson at gmail.com, Loren Celentano at verizon.net, Clarence Ching at gmail.com, and David Weingart at pobox.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of ProfitTrain 2.0, worth $49.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Clickable Bliss is offering a 20-percent-off discount on ProfitTrain 2.0 to all TidBITS readers through 5 April 2010; enter "tidbits2010" in the Coupon Code field of Clickable Bliss's online store to get your discount. Thanks to the 281 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of ProfitTrain (15 Mar 10)
Published in TidBITS 1019.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Now Software Shuts Down
- Amazon Releases Kindle for Mac and Explains iPad Plans
- FileMaker Pro 11 Promises Welcome Enhancements
- iPad Battery Replacement Coverage Causes Confusion
- Time Capsule Failures: When They Happen and What to Do
- Things, a Nimble, Flexible To-Do List Application
- Why Google Wave Needs a Major Overhaul
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 22 March 2010
- ExtraBITS for 22 March 2010