Apple has been moving quickly to address issues that have plagued Aperture 3 since its release last month. Aperture 3.0.2 touches on several important areas, such as upgrading and importing libraries from earlier versions of the program and iPhoto, duplicating metadata presets, improving compatibility with IPTC metadata, making adjustments using the Curves, Straighten, and Retouching tools, and more. ($199 new, free update, 69.83 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.