The just-released Mailplane 2.1.6 from Uncomplex adds built-in support for the highly interesting Rapportive plug-in (see "Rapportive Plug-in Replaces Gmail Ads with Sender Info," 27 March 2010). Mailplane 2.1.6 also now works with the Share > Send via Mail menu items in the iWork '09 applications. With them, you can email your document via Mailplane in its native format or as a Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF document. A few minor bugs have also been fixed, some of which were related to Gmail changes. ($24.95 new, free update, 6.7 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree