The just-released Mailplane 2.1.6 from Uncomplex adds built-in support for the highly interesting Rapportive plug-in (see "Rapportive Plug-in Replaces Gmail Ads with Sender Info," 27 March 2010). Mailplane 2.1.6 also now works with the Share > Send via Mail menu items in the iWork '09 applications. With them, you can email your document via Mailplane in its native format or as a Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF document. A few minor bugs have also been fixed, some of which were related to Gmail changes. ($24.95 new, free update, 6.7 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software