The latest versions of SmileOnMyMac's PDF editing utilities PDFpen and PDFpenPro bring a handful of minor, but appreciated, tweaks. Changes include better text selection and highlighting in scanned documents through better position accuracy, improved compatibility with sheet-fed scanners, the resolution of a bug that prevented text annotations from being drawn, and the capability to select text in fonts with zero ascent and descent. The updates also bring several other unspecified bug fixes and improvements. ($49.95/$99.95 new, free updates, 45.9 MB/46.1 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software