Smart Licensing Move -- On 19-Feb-96 Apple announced a licensing agreement that allows Motorola to distribute the Mac OS with computer systems based on Power Macintosh designs and the PowerPC Platform specification. For the first time, today's agreement allows a Mac OS licensee to sublicense the Mac OS to other computer manufacturers. This means that Motorola could sell Mac OS compatible motherboards or complete systems to other manufacturers for resale under other labels. Apple says they will retain control over certification of systems sold with the Mac OS. [MHA]
Type Faster on an iPhone or iPod touch
When typing on an iPhone or iPod touch, to end a sentence quickly and get ready to start the next one, double tap the Space bar. You'll insert a period followed by a space. You can turn this shortcut on or off via the Shortcut slider in Settings > General > Keyboard.
- IBM Close to Licensing Mac OS? (15 Apr 96)
Published in TidBITS 315.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New URL Format
- Chat with Tonya
- Beta Java Development Kit Released for Mac
- Cyberdog Beta Available for Power Macs
- Shockwave Beta 1 Netscape Plug-In
- Corel "Quadrupling" Mac Team
- Netscape Live3D
- Royal Software Acquires Heizer
- Reviews Survey
- Man Wins... This Time
- The Telecommunications Act: The Good, Bad, and Unknown