Shockwave Beta 1 Netscape Plug-In -- Macromedia has released beta 1 of the Mac version its Shockwave Plug-in for Netscape Navigator 2.0, which allows Netscape to download and play multimedia content created in Macromedia Director. The plug-in runs on both 68K and PowerPC based Macs, and this beta seems more stable than its pre-beta predecessor (see TidBITS-311). Although some Shockwave authors are becoming more proficient at producing content that's conceivably usable over a modem connection, I can't recommend the plug-in unless you can give Netscape Navigator at least 8 MB of RAM and 5 MB of disk cache. Shockwave also has known difficulties with virtual memory and Speed Doubler. [GD]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Netscape 2.0b6a Available (22 Jan 96)
Published in TidBITS 315.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New URL Format
- Chat with Tonya
- Smart Licensing Move
- Beta Java Development Kit Released for Mac
- Cyberdog Beta Available for Power Macs
- Corel "Quadrupling" Mac Team
- Netscape Live3D
- Royal Software Acquires Heizer
- Reviews Survey
- Man Wins... This Time
- The Telecommunications Act: The Good, Bad, and Unknown