Shockwave Beta 1 Netscape Plug-In -- Macromedia has released beta 1 of the Mac version its Shockwave Plug-in for Netscape Navigator 2.0, which allows Netscape to download and play multimedia content created in Macromedia Director. The plug-in runs on both 68K and PowerPC based Macs, and this beta seems more stable than its pre-beta predecessor (see TidBITS-311). Although some Shockwave authors are becoming more proficient at producing content that's conceivably usable over a modem connection, I can't recommend the plug-in unless you can give Netscape Navigator at least 8 MB of RAM and 5 MB of disk cache. Shockwave also has known difficulties with virtual memory and Speed Doubler. [GD]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Netscape 2.0b6a Available (22 Jan 96)
Published in TidBITS 315.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New URL Format
- Chat with Tonya
- Smart Licensing Move
- Beta Java Development Kit Released for Mac
- Cyberdog Beta Available for Power Macs
- Corel "Quadrupling" Mac Team
- Netscape Live3D
- Royal Software Acquires Heizer
- Reviews Survey
- Man Wins... This Time
- The Telecommunications Act: The Good, Bad, and Unknown