There's nothing like real-world usage to flush out the last few bugs, as evidenced by the quick update to Keyboard Maestro 4.3.1, which fixes potential crashes when executing AppleScript or shell scripts, and when using device triggers. A few other minor bugs have also been fixed, and Stairways Software also added support for naming more X-Key keyboard keys and improved handling of negative numbers in the Move Window action. Full release notes are available. ($36 new, free update, 9.1 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.