MacSpeech has released a minor maintenance update to its transcription software MacSpeech Scribe. Version 1.1 fixes a pesky bug that prevented users from closing the File Open window after completing a transcription. The update also adds support for volume licensing. To learn more about MacSpeech Scribe, see Matt Neuburg's recent review, "Transcribe Recordings With MacSpeech Scribe," 19 May 2010. ($149.99 new, free update, 8.8 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.