Congratulations to Ken Blakely at me.com and John Sweeney at neb.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of iStopMotion Home 2, worth $49. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Boinx Software is offering a 20-percent-off discount on any edition of iStopMotion 2 to all TidBITS readers through 30 June 2010; enter "ismDeal" in the Coupon/Promo Code field on the second screen of Boinx Software's online store to get your discount. Thanks to the 387 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
Published in TidBITS 1031.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Allows Eligibility Transfers in Family Plan
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 Blocks 32 Security Holes
- iMovie for iPhone Details Surface
- Anti-Social Software Turns Your Tweet Off
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Drobo!
- Retrospect Backup Software Acquired by Sonic Solutions
- Steve Jobs Answers (Nearly) All at D8
- Apple Extends Safari 5 with Reader, HTML5, Performance
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 14 June 2010