Congratulations to Ken Blakely at me.com and John Sweeney at neb.rr.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of iStopMotion Home 2, worth $49. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Boinx Software is offering a 20-percent-off discount on any edition of iStopMotion 2 to all TidBITS readers through 30 June 2010; enter "ismDeal" in the Coupon/Promo Code field on the second screen of Boinx Software's online store to get your discount. Thanks to the 387 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 1031.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Allows Eligibility Transfers in Family Plan
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1.53.64 Blocks 32 Security Holes
- iMovie for iPhone Details Surface
- Anti-Social Software Turns Your Tweet Off
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Drobo!
- Retrospect Backup Software Acquired by Sonic Solutions
- Steve Jobs Answers (Nearly) All at D8
- Apple Extends Safari 5 with Reader, HTML5, Performance
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 14 June 2010