HyperCard 2.3.5 Stack Update -- Apple has released a HyperCard 2.3.5 update in the form of revised versions of the Color Tools, Power Tools, and Audio Help stacks. Most significantly, Audio Help now works properly on PCI Macs and has been revised significantly to conform more closely to Apple's guidelines for sound input. In addition, Color Tools should be more reliable on systems with the Japanese or Chinese Language Kits installed, and the Picture XCMD in the Power Tools stack has been updated to support HyperTalk's support for the clipboard property. The update is about 850K. [GD]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Other articles in the series HyperCard
- The Business Case for HyperCard (09 Nov 98)
- Alas, HyperCard! (02 Nov 98)
- HyperCard 2.4.1 Update (27 Jul 98)
- Apple Releases HyperCard 2.4 (27 Apr 98)
- New Virus Targets HyperCard Stacks (31 Jul 95)
- HyperCard 2.2: The Great Becomes Greater (14 Feb 94)
- HyperCard Folded Back Into Apple (01 Feb 93)
- HyperCard Player Bundled with Macs (21 Sep 92)
- HyperCard Confabulation (10 Feb 92)
- New HyperCard Virus (22 Apr 91)
- HyperCard Confusion (26 Nov 90)
- HyperCard Bits & Pieces (05 Nov 90)
- Claris HyperCard 2.0 (17 Sep 90)
- HyperCard 2.0 Excuses (10 Sep 90)
- HyperCard 2.0, Finally (25 Jun 90)
HyperCard 2.3.5 Stack Update
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and