All sorts of sites like to take new gadgets apart, with photos and videos to show how it's done and what's inside. But no one does it like Blendtec with their "Will It Blend?" videos. They've blended an iPhone before, but now it's time to see if the iPhone 4's performance improvements carry over to how quickly it blends as well. And although they end up a little skimpy on benchmarking data, they've done a great job with the plotline on this episode of "Will It Blend?".
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 1033.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Makes Eligibility Transfer Process Clearer
- HTTPS Everywhere Enables Easy Encryption
- DealBITS Discount: Save 20% on TextExpander 3
- Two Ways to Delete Lots of iPhone Photos
- Google Voice Opens to All Americans
- Change Your Passwords: Email Account Hacking on the Rise
- iOS 4: Essential Early Reading
- Roundup of iPhone 4 Early Reviews
- iBooks 1.1 Adds PDF Support, Runs on All iOS Devices
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 28 June 2010
Looking Inside the iPhone 4
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Eric Holterman, Edward Kim, Robert Turrel, and
Jeffrey Henderson for their generous support!