Congratulations to John LeBlanc at gmail.com, Jim Tittsler at gmail.com, and Derek Roff at unm.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 3, worth $34.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since SmileOnMyMac is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on TextExpander 3, dropping the price to $27.96. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 8 July 2010, click the red Purchase Link graphic on this TextExpander page. Thanks to the 526 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 3 (21 Jun 10)
Published in TidBITS 1033.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Makes Eligibility Transfer Process Clearer
- HTTPS Everywhere Enables Easy Encryption
- Looking Inside the iPhone 4
- Two Ways to Delete Lots of iPhone Photos
- Google Voice Opens to All Americans
- Change Your Passwords: Email Account Hacking on the Rise
- iOS 4: Essential Early Reading
- Roundup of iPhone 4 Early Reviews
- iBooks 1.1 Adds PDF Support, Runs on All iOS Devices
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 28 June 2010