Congratulations to John LeBlanc at gmail.com, Jim Tittsler at gmail.com, and Derek Roff at unm.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 3, worth $34.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since SmileOnMyMac is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on TextExpander 3, dropping the price to $27.96. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 8 July 2010, click the red Purchase Link graphic on this TextExpander page. Thanks to the 526 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 3 (21 Jun 10)
Published in TidBITS 1033.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Makes Eligibility Transfer Process Clearer
- HTTPS Everywhere Enables Easy Encryption
- Looking Inside the iPhone 4
- Two Ways to Delete Lots of iPhone Photos
- Google Voice Opens to All Americans
- Change Your Passwords: Email Account Hacking on the Rise
- iOS 4: Essential Early Reading
- Roundup of iPhone 4 Early Reviews
- iBooks 1.1 Adds PDF Support, Runs on All iOS Devices
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 28 June 2010