Congratulations to John LeBlanc at gmail.com, Jim Tittsler at gmail.com, and Derek Roff at unm.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 3, worth $34.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since SmileOnMyMac is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on TextExpander 3, dropping the price to $27.96. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 8 July 2010, click the red Purchase Link graphic on this TextExpander page. Thanks to the 526 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 3 (21 Jun 10)
Published in TidBITS 1033.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Makes Eligibility Transfer Process Clearer
- HTTPS Everywhere Enables Easy Encryption
- Looking Inside the iPhone 4
- Two Ways to Delete Lots of iPhone Photos
- Google Voice Opens to All Americans
- Change Your Passwords: Email Account Hacking on the Rise
- iOS 4: Essential Early Reading
- Roundup of iPhone 4 Early Reviews
- iBooks 1.1 Adds PDF Support, Runs on All iOS Devices
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 28 June 2010
DealBITS Discount: Save 20% on TextExpander 3
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and