Congratulations to John LeBlanc at gmail.com, Jim Tittsler at gmail.com, and Derek Roff at unm.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 3, worth $34.95. But don't fret if you didn't win, since SmileOnMyMac is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on TextExpander 3, dropping the price to $27.96. To take advantage of this offer, which is good through 8 July 2010, click the red Purchase Link graphic on this TextExpander page. Thanks to the 526 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 3 (21 Jun 10)
Published in TidBITS 1033.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AT&T Makes Eligibility Transfer Process Clearer
- HTTPS Everywhere Enables Easy Encryption
- Looking Inside the iPhone 4
- Two Ways to Delete Lots of iPhone Photos
- Google Voice Opens to All Americans
- Change Your Passwords: Email Account Hacking on the Rise
- iOS 4: Essential Early Reading
- Roundup of iPhone 4 Early Reviews
- iBooks 1.1 Adds PDF Support, Runs on All iOS Devices
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 June 2010
- ExtraBITS for 28 June 2010
DealBITS Discount: Save 20% on TextExpander 3
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and