SmileOnMyMac has released a minor feature update to their PDF editing utilities PDFpen and PDFpenPro. The latest versions make it possible to save PDFs directly to Evernote, the note-taking and snippet-collecting utility and service, via a new Save to Evernote item in the File menu. ($49.95/$99.95 new, free updates, 45.8 MB/46.0 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.