Apple's Wiki Server Update 1.0 (part of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server) is a minor maintenance update that addresses a handful of general reliability issues. Issues addressed include authenticating users with high-bit characters (such as accent marks) in full user names, enabling wiki group calendar access from iCal, enabling wikis and blogs to remain accessible after a migration from Leopard Server, starting wiki services after a page was modified by a user using their full name, and displaying private blogs that have been accessed by their owner. The update, whose changes are also included in the just-released 1.1 update to Snow Leopard Server 10.6.4 (delta and combo), is available via Software Update and the Apple Support Downloads page. (Free, 26.3 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software